Starting the bilingual journey
Our groups are friendly and inclusive and they’re a great way to build confidence, learn a little Welsh or to socialize with new parents in your area. There’s a warm welcome for all, Welsh speakers, learners and non-Welsh speakers. Note that these are school term groups only, attending our groups is free of charge.
After attending our groups parents are encouraged to attend their local Ti a Fi group before registering the child in the local Cylch Meithrin.
Our baby massage groups are suitable for babies between 8-24 weeks.
You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy one to one time with your baby in a relaxed atmosphere. The 6 weeks course concentrates on massaging different parts of the body as well as learning Welsh rhymes and simple vocabulary to correspond with the movements. This is a good way to build confidence in the Welsh language if you haven’t used the language since your time at school.
- Natural oil, e.g. sunflower oil
- Towel and baby changing mat
- Spare set of clothes for baby
For further information about Cymraeg for Kids groups in your area please click on the following facebook links or contact your local Cymraeg for Kids Officer:
Facebook.com/Cymraeg i blant… (national page)
Gogledd Powys (North Powys)
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Abertawe/CNPT (Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot)
Sir Gâr (Carmarthenshire)
De Powys (South Powys)
Bro Morgannwg (Vale of Glamorgan)
Sir y Fflint (Flintshire)
- An opportunity to strengthen the attachment between yourself and your baby
- An opportunity for your baby to experience a safe and robust attachment
- It helps charm and comfort your baby
- An opportunity to recognize your baby’s behaviour
- It can increase your confidence as a parent to care for your baby as well as reducing any concerns
- It can help if you’re feeling a little down
- An opportunity to learn a lifelong parenting skill
- It can make your baby feel loved, and that he or she is appreciated and respected
- It can reduce your baby’s emotional stress and crying
- It can help your baby’s language development, speech and brain development
- An opportunity to have fun with your baby!