- The Registered Person / Responsible Individual should ensure that each member of staff has the appropriate level of training.
- It is good practice that each member of staff has the following certificates:
First Aid *1:10 children compulsory
Child Protection *Compulsory for all staff
Food Hygiene *good practice
- Management Committees should encourage the continuous professional development of all staff.
- When looking at staff training the needs of the Cylch Meithrin in relation to additional learning needs, Foundation Phase, Welsh language, Makaton, Manual Handling, behaviour management, risk assessment and so on should be considered.
- Information about training can be found locally through Family Information Services.
- Mudiad Meithrin’s Academi provides a comprehensive on-line and face-to-face training package. A full prosbectus is available on the Mudiad Meithrin website.
- Staff must be reminded to keep an up-to-date record of their training in their Staff Files together with the certificates.
- It is the Management Committee's decision whether to pay for staff to attend training sessions.
- It is good practice to summarise staff training information and to keep it in a convenient location (Appendix 38a Entire Staff Qualifications and Training Record).