All Management Committees are required to ensure that the Cylch Meithrin conforms to Health and Safety Guidelines. Many aspects of the health and safety of the cylch are derived from the CIW Regulations. The National Minimum Standards should be referred to regularly: www.careinspectorate.wales.
Much of the information about the health and safety arrangements of the cylch are available in the Cylch Meithrin’s Operational Plan (Appendix 53 Operational Plan). Reference should be made to these procedures along with the policies when considering health and safety issues.
The Management Committee is responsible for:
- Health, safety and welfare of all Cylch Meithrin children
- Health, safety and welfare of all Cylch Meithrin staff (permanent, work experience and voluntary)
- Health and safety of any visitor to the Cylch Meithrin
- Health and safety of anyone who has the right to use the equipment of the Cylch Meithrin
- Health and safety of anyone who is affected by the Cylch Meithrin’s activities e.g. the public.
The staff are responsible for:
- Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of any other person who would be affected by their deeds or negligence at work.
- Working with the Management Committee to assist them in complying with their statutory duties.
- Every Cylch Meithrin is required to display the Health and Safety Poster. The poster can be purchased from the HSE website www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/lawposter-welsh.htm
By joining Mudiad Meithrin, the Cylch Meithrin receives £10 million of public liability and employers liability insurance cover. (Appendix 51 Mudiad Meithrin Insurance Certificates). This insurance will safeguard the Cylch Meithrin from any case taken against it if a member of staff or a member of the public has suffered harm or illness due to the work of the Cylch Meithrin.