Mudiad Meithrin operates Referral Schemes across Wales which can support children with additional needs in the Cylchoedd Meithrin (Welsh-medium playgroups). These schemes employ Coordinators who work in partnership with other agencies and Cylchoedd Meithrin for the benefit of the children and their families.
The services offered by the schemes may include
For the child:
- Opportunities to play with other children from the local community
- Opportunities to join in the fun and make friends in a safe and happy environment
- Support of an additional member of staff in the Cylch Meithrin if needed
For the family:
- The opportunity to discuss with the Coordinator the appropriate support for the child.
- The opportunity to visit suitable local Cylchoedd Meithrin.
- The opportunity of free time for the parent with the assurance that the child is receiving high quality care.
For the Cylch Meithrin:
- Advice/training for the Cylch Meithrin from experts and relevant agencies in the field.
- Specialised equipment
- Funding for and additional member of staff for the child if required.