You will study for a further year and spend 2 days in school for tutorials and 2/3 days experience in an early years setting. This course is suitable for year 12 + 13 students (post 16).
- An introduction to leadership and management
- Maintaining the health of children and/or young people
- Support children and/or young people’s development of art, drama and music
- Learning styles and their role in learning and achievement
- Supportive approaches to behaviour management
- Supporting numeracy and literacy development in children and/or young people
You will need to gain a further 85 credits from mandatory and optional units. These will be assessed by completing written assignments which will be marked internally or externally by CACHE.
This extended year gives you a maximum of 168 UCAS points and progression to higher education to study education, nursing or social work.