All management committees are required to ensure that the Cylch Meithrin complies with health and safety guidelines. Many aspects of the health and safety of the cylch are derived from Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) regulations; reference should be made to the National Minimum Standards.
Information about health and safety arrangements is available in the cylch's Operational Plan (template available on the intranet). These procedures together with cylch policies should be referred to when considering health and safety issues.
The Committee's Responsibilities:
- The health, safety and wellbeing of all cylch staff (permanent staff, work experience and voluntary).
- The health and safety of anyone visiting or using the Cylch Meithrin.
- The health and safety of anyone entitled to use the cylch’s equipment
- The health and safety of anyone affected by the activity of the Cylch Meithrin e.g. the public.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and any other person who would be affected by their deeds or negligence at work.
- Work with the management committee to assist them in discharging their statutory duties.
- Each Cylch Meithrin is required to display the health and safety poster. The poster can be bought on the HSE website
By joining Mudiad Meithrin, the Cylch Meithrin receives £10 million worth of public liability insurance. This insurance will protect the Cylch from any case taken against it if a member of staff or a member of the public has suffered harm or illness as a result of the Cylch Meithrin's work. Click here to see our Service Pack.
Here is a list of the management committee’s health and safety areas of responsibility. Click on the area of interest to you to see more information: