The aim of the ‘Cylchoedd yn Cerdded’ campaign is to organise simple sponsored walks for the children in the Cylchoedd (and their families if the pandemic conditions allow). As well as raising money for the Cylch / nursery, this will be a fun way of promoting Welshmedium education and getting everyone who is involved to feel they are part of Mudiad Meithrin’s ‘one big family’.
When? 7-14 of November, 2020
There are many ways in which you can successfully hold the ‘Cylchoedd
yn Cerdded’ campaign e.g.
- hold a sponsored walk for the children to take part in during Cylch time - and get family and friends to sponsor
- local community support - why not map out a path for members of the community to take part in and donate money to support the Cylch?
- encourage different families to choose their own route - they can choose to walk around a local park if there aren’t any suitable local walks
- ask friends of the Cylch or local celebrities to take part in a sponsored walk challenge and donate money to the Cylch
- ask parents to donate any spare change in coins to the Cylch and try to create a line of coins around the Cylch (make sure you take hygiene into consideration before handling the money e.g. parents to bag it and put it in a special tub and leave it there for several days before touching it - then after it’s been disinfected, the children can sort the money by size, colour and value, and then help create a line). The Cylch will be able keep the money in their fund at the end.
Below you can find some great resources to help you with organising your fundraiser.