Protecting children from harm is the responsibility of every member of staff, every committee member and every volunteer in the Cylch Meithrin
Every Cylch Meithrin has a Safeguarding Policy which explains how the Cylch seeks to ensure that all children in their care are safe, happy and flourish.
The Cylch Meithrin promotes an atmosphere and ethos which enables children, staff and volunteers to express openly any concerns they may have. The Cylch Meithrin Child Protection policy and procedures conform to All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2008, The Children Act 1989 and child safeguarding guidance - Working Together under the Children's Act 2004.
IF THERE IS ANY SUSPICION THAT A CHILD IS SUFFERING OR AT RISK OF SUFFERING ANY HARM THE CHILD SHOULD BE REFERRED TO SOCIAL SERVICES IMMEDIATELY
Policies and Training
- The committee must ensure that ALL staff receive training in Child Protection. The training must be updated every three years.
- You must ensure that staff are aware of the Cylch's Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and the Prevention Policy.
- You must ensure that parents are aware of the Cylch's Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. It is good practice for parents to sign that they have read the policy. There is a confirmation form for parents on the Mudiad Meithrin intranet.
- In the case of Child Protection there is a duty to share information with Social Services and other relevant agencies.
- A report must be sent to Care Inspectorate Wales / CIW about any complaint relating to the protection of children.
- You must ensure that the contact numbers of the local Social Services are visible in the Cylch.
- The Cylch should follow the procedure in accordance with the Cylch's Child Protection Policy, which is summarised as a flow chart.
- Where an allegation is made against a staff member they must be excluded from work while an investigation is carried out by the Social Services in cooperation with the Cylch Meithrin.
Each cylch has a flow chart that shows how to process a child protection case.
Mudiad Meithrin's Child Protection policy and all the other policies are available to members on the Mudiad Meithrin intranet.