If the Cylch Meithrin is a registered charity or a Charitable Incorporated Organisation, the management committee must comply with the Charity Commission regulations, which includes keeping trustee information up to date and submitting annual accounts and trustees' report.
The Charity Commission is responsible for:
- registering eligible organisations in England and Wales which are established for only charitable purposes
- taking enforcement action when there is malpractice or misconduct
- ensuring charities meet their legal requirements, including providing information on their activities each year
- making appropriate information about each registered charity widely available
- providing online services and guidance to help charities run as effectively as possible