Before the committee meeting the Chairperson will:
- prepare an agenda for the meeting,together with the Secretary
- gather up-to-date information from the Secretary, or the Cylch leader regarding the background of any matter on the agenda.
At the meeting the Chairperson will:
- welcome everyone to the meeting
- steer the meeting to follow the agenda
- sign the minutes after they have been accepted as a correct record
- discuss any matter arising from the minutes
- follow the agenda, allowing debate, but keeping track of the time!
- make sure that everyone understands and agrees with any decision
- if there is no agreement, hold a vote.
In addition, the Chairperson is expected to:
- submit an annual report at the annual meeting, on the work of the Cylch during the year
- represent the Cylch's committee on the county committee, or request another representative attend in his / her place
- represent the Cylch if other invitations are received, e.g. for special occasions in the community. The Chair will report to the committee at the next meeting about any additional duty e.g. visit or special occasion
- support and cooperate with other officers, e.g. in order apply for grants
- encourage every parent/carer/carer to help the fund raise money
- give thanks on behalf of the Cylch e.g. in a fundraising event
- support the Cylch's staff in every possible way.
When the Chairperson's period comes to an end, all relevant documents must be transferred to the new Chairperson.