Following the bilingual journey
Our groups are friendly and inclusive and they’re a great way to build confidence, learn a little Welsh or socialize with new parents in your area. There’s a warm welcome for all, Welsh speakers, learners and non-Welsh speakers. Note that these are school term groups only, attending our groups is free of charge.
After attending our groups’ parents are encouraged to attend their local Ti a Fi group before registering the child at the local Cylch Meithrin.
Our baby yoga sessions follow on from our baby massage by continuing to enjoy one to one time with your baby in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s an opportunity to strengthen and develop your baby’s muscles through simple movements which will also help mum and baby to relax as well as continuing to enjoy simple Welsh songs.
Our yoga groups are divided into two:
- Beginners baby yoga groups – suitable for babies from 10+ weeks
There is an opportunity to learn a number of relaxation movements that will benefit you and your baby: try cat control, foot prayer, half lotus, I love you this much, tiny twist, big kiss, bicycle stretch, roly poly, drum, swing, heart to heart and more.
- Further yoga baby groups – suitable for babies from 24+ weeks
There’s an opportunity to expand on the above movements by becoming familiar with baby plank, bear hug, twist and roll, busy hands, swing, mini cobra, see-saw, up we go and more!
- Towel and baby changing may
- Spare set of clothes for baby
- An opportunity to continue the one to one connection with your baby
- It can help with your baby’s wind problems, constipation and sleep
- It can strengthen the baby’s physical development and core strength of the body
- It can improve balance, coordination and ‘motor’ skills
- It can improve the body’s agility
- It can strengthen the parent and baby’s confidence
- An opportunity to have fun with your baby
For further information about Cymraeg for Kids groups in your area please click on the following facebook links or contact your local Cymraeg for Kids Officer:
Facebook.com/Cymraeg i blant… (national page)
Gogledd Powys (North Powys)
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Abertawe/CNPT (Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot)
Sir Gâr (Carmarthenshire)
De Powys (South Powys)
Bro Morgannwg (Vale of Glamorgan)
Sir y Fflint (Flintshire)