The aim of Mudiad Meithrin is to provide every young child in Wales with an opportunity to benefit from early years services and experiences through the medium of Welsh.
Mudiad Meithrin believes that:
- acquiring the Welsh language is of advantage to children.
To this end we will organize as many contact hours with the Welsh language as possible and use only Welsh in our provision.
- every child should have an equal opportunity to access Welsh medium services in the early years within easy reach of his home.
We will try to establish suitable provision to meet the need locally and will try to secure additional support for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- continuity in Welsh medium education is essential for every child attending our provision.
To this end, we call for continuity in Welsh medium education within easy reach of every child’s home.
- play is fundamental to the physical, emotional, linguistic, social and intellectual development of children.
We will ensure every possible opportunity to learn through play.
- children, whatever their needs, benefit from good quality early years experiences.
We will welcome children with additional needs to our provision.
- the family is the foundation of a child’s development.
Every opportunity will be provided for families to support the early years’ experiences of their children, and we will offer linguistic and social support for families through our provision’s activities.
- children’s rights, in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Children’s Act 1989, are very important.
To this end children will have the right to expect every adult, who has responsibility for them, to protect them from all kinds of abuse.