Mudiad Meithrin’s Annual Report was officially accepted at the Mudiad’s AGM on Friday October 16, 2015 at the Morlan Centre, Aberystwyth.
The Annual Report contains current statistics about Mudiad Meithrin as the main provider of early years and education through the medium of Welsh. 21,907 children under 4 years old enjoy learning, growing and playing through the medium of Welsh at 544 ‘Cylchoedd Meithrin’ (Welsh-medium playgroups) and 383 ‘Cylchoedd Ti a Fi’.
Rhiannon Lloyd, Mudiad Meithrin Chair said:
"The AGM was a great opportunity to discuss projects and the work of the Mudiad. The Annual Report concludes a busy and productive year, and we had a pleasant time celebrating that good work in the company of Mudiad Meithrin staff, committee members, the ‘cylchoedd meithrin’ as well as other guests."
At the meeting some of the targets outlined in ‘Dewiniaith’ (Mudiad Meithrin’s vision for the next decade) where celebrated. Here is a taste of some of the targets that were mentioned:
· A pilot scheme called ‘Cylch Canolog’ was launched, which brings 15 ‘cylchoedd meithrin’ under the banner of Meithrin centrally
· ‘Siop Dewin a Doti was launched at the National Eisteddfod
· A new service pack was introduced to the ‘cylchoedd’.
· A new design to the Mudiad’s stand at the National Eisteddfod was launched
· ‘Academi’ was launched by Carwyn Jones, Wales' First Minister on our stand at the National Eisteddfod in Montgomeryshire.
If you’d like to see a copy of the annual report, you can see a pdf copy on our website.