Arad Research were commissioned by the Cwlwm partners to undertake a review of the development and effectiveness of the partnership working of Cwlwm.
- Preparing the grant submission drew the partner organisations together – sharing a common goal, working in collaboration rather than in competition.
- The existing strengths of individual partners were used effectively to develop the successful bid.
- The allocation of funding between partners matches that of the core grant of previous years, meaning the legacy of the core grant was the main guiding principle in the design of the current partnership and its activities.
Recommendations from the evaluation:
- Continue to draw on the common core elements that bind the partnership and at the same time ensure the strengths of each partner are respected.
- The important work of the Cwlwm partnership representing the sector needs to continue as a partnership and as individual organisations when appropriate.
- It is important for stakeholders to understand and respect the judgement of Cwlwm regarding the nature of this representation.
Gwenllian Lansdown Davies, Chief Executive of Mudiad Meithrin said:
“It is an exciting period, full of changes for the early years. The Cwlwm partnership undertake important work in challenging times, by leading the sector. We are proud of the successful collaboration which is the basis of the new partnership, as evidenced in the independent evaluation”.
The full report findings and recommendations can be found on the Cwlwm website