A new project called ‘Progress For Success’ by the European Society grant.
Work-based training program that will finance professionals in the early years, childcare and play for Level 2 and 3 qualifications which are recognized nationally.
To secure funding, you must meet the following criteria:
• you are aged 25 or over at the time of application
• you are employed in an early years setting, childcare or play that is registered with CSSIW or registered childminder in Wales
• you are employed or self-employed for 16 hours or more per week.
• you are employed by your current employer for at least 4 weeks at the time of application
• applicants who have gone through the level 2 or 3 in Childcare or play in the past are not eligible for more funding from the Welsh Government to gain the same qualifications.
Yes or is about to be employed
No, the course is free of charge
You'll need to be working for 16 hours in an early years setting.
You will need to be employed in a further cylch meithrin for the extra four hours.
You need to be a Welsh speaker, or a very good learner
You are still eligible to follow the training program
You can contact your local cylch meithrin, or contact your local support officer to get the names of other cylchoedd meithrin that are in your area.
You can do this training in the Foundation Stage classroom at your local school if the lessons are taught through the medium of Welsh.
You should have finished the training program within one year.
No, but you will be expected to attend workshops for the course and a Skills Elementary workshop, which is part of the course.
No, you do not need previous experience of working in an early years setting.